I've really been abusing the Hype Machine as a tool for finding music. Abusing in the best way possible, I mean. The Hype Machine is an MP3 blog aggregator -- basically it crawls MP3 blogs and lists the files that have been posted. You can search for tracks by artist name or track name.
When I hear about a new artist, I turn to the Hype Machine to sample. When I think about an old artist that I want to hear again, I search on the Hype Machine. I always get something. If I don't know what I want to listen to, I scan the popular tracks.
It's pretty hard to accumulate a full album worth of material, but if I want that, I should buy the album.
The site also offers cool features like a being album to listen to all tracks on a page -- whether that's popular tracks or a search you just performed -- with a single click.
It's a music addict's dream.
Music, technology and wherever the twain shall meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment