Music, technology and wherever the twain shall meet.

Twitter / zebgowan

Friday, January 13, 2006

Pandora

I've been listening to Pandora for a few weeks now. Billed as a way to find new music, it's also great if you want to hear familiar songs. I can't say that I've discovered too many acts yet, but Pandora offers a great alternative when my iTunes library gets boring.

Here's how it works: Enter the name of an artist or song that you like. Pandora will create a "station" that plays music from and similar to that artist. You can refine the system's selections by saying "I like it" or "I don't like it."

I find the sound quality is good enough for a work environment and that the system needs very little refinement to serve up tunes I like. The only downsides I've discovered is that it has no classical music and for some fringe acts you end up hearing the same songs often.

Pandora

Article on Pandora from the East Bay Express

No comments: